WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY...
Situated in a quiet area on the Gerrards Cross/Chalfont St Peter borders, GXLTC has occupied this leafy site since 1908. Gerrards Cross Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club was formed by a few enthusiasts who elected the Reverend J.M. Glubb as Chairman. The club is situated in Bull Lane and in those early days it was run entirely by men. There were only four grass courts, no hard courts, no juniors and very little in the way of facilities.
The current seven famous grass courts, rejuvenated in 2011, have been played on by legends such as Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg for pre-Wimbledon practice.
The five floodlit carpet courts offer all year round play late into the evening and the three artificial clay courts installed in 2015 provide the latest playing surface.
In addition there are a further 2 hard courts which have been recently cleaned and repainted.
GXLTC is a friendly, equal opportunity members' club run by a caring Committee.